The snow outside makes me feel like it’s December, no almost mid-March. Why winter, why?!
Also, the weather makes the cravings even worse, there’s not enough snacks in the apartment to make me happy. So, looking for the easiest solution to make my brain think I consumed 2514072491 kcal in sweets, I made those – HOMEMADE CHOCOLATES.
What I won’t tell myself:
- It’s healthy
- It’s homemade so just the „good things”
- I can eat tons and it’s still better than chocolate from the store
What I will tell myself:
- Chocolate with cranberry
- Chocolate with cranberry and almonds
- Just the right amount of sweetness
- 1 cup of coconut oil (unrefined)
- 2 1/3 cup of dark cocoa
- 5-7 tablespoons of honey (depending how sweet you want it to be)
- dried fruits, almonds, nuts, raspberries, coconut shrims, orange zest etc.
- optional 1 teaspoon of brown sugar if you want it to be more sweet/fudgy-like
Melt the coconut oil over hot water. I usually put a metal or ceramic bowl over the pot with hot water so it slowly melts with the heat from water, and when the water gets cooler I heat it up over over low heat (turn the heat when you see water starting to boil!).
When it’s liquid enough, add honey, and mix until it melts into the oil. Important – the honey shouldn’t fully melt.
Slowly add cocoa to the oil-honey liquid while still slowly mixing, until blended. When all is well blended you may try a little (be careful though, HOT!) to check if you are ok with the level of sweetness.
Pour mixture into chocolate mold, or a small cookie sheet (in that case use baking paper).
Put anything you like on top of your chocolate. My personal favorite is cranberry (cause it gives it more sweetness without adding sugar or more honey), Goji berries and almonds, or just candied orange zest, but you can add whatever makes you happy!
Let it cool down, and move to the fridge to chill for 1.5-2h.
EAT IT ALL, but first take a pic and send it to your friends to invite them over. Everything tastes better when shared with friends.
Et voila! Simple, effective, makes your belly (and your brain) happy.
Let me know how you like it!